Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: poop? teething? soy allergy?

Default poop? teething? soy allergy?

My 13 week old has been extra fussy these last couple weeks. With the fussiness, she is very drooly (we change her clothes a few times per day and bibs get in the way of her hands to mouth), she started gnawing on her fingers, eating WAY more from the bottles while I'm at work, refusing to take her naps during the day, and the most concerning of all went from pooping about 1x every 4-6 days to pooping all day long. And the poops that she has ALL DAY LONG are very mucusy. They're a very different consistency than they used to be and it seems there is poop in there whenever I go to change her wet diapers...which is pretty much before and after meals every couple of hours (more often if i happen to notice she needs it). In addition to the very frequent mucusy poops, she has a very nasty red, raw diaper rash. I've tried air drying her, desitin, powder, clothdiapers, no diapers, extra-frequent changings and after a week it is not raw but is still pink.

I have no doubt that she's well fed and is gaining/developing well. Is this what teething looks like? I've been eating Soy-Joy protein bars for snacks at work lately, could this be a soy allergy? How do we get her poop and sleep schedules back to normal?

here are her feeding schedules:

when I'm home, I pump at 2am, 6am and 10 pm. She's only been breastfeeding for 5-10 mins per side before falling asleep or playing with my nipples. She takes a 20 min nap and wants to eat again and this continues all day long. She takes 4 oz bottles when she has nursed for a couple hours in this pattern and seems to be getting cranky/frustrated with it. Bottles are usually given around lunchtime, dinnertime and bedtime.

When I'm at work:
    I pump at 2am, 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, and 10 pm. We bf between 6pm and about 930 pm when baby falls asleep for the night. She nurses in the same pattern as when I"m home, each side for 5-10 mins before falling asleep and taking a 10-20 minute nap then wanting to nurse again and repeat.

I take fenugreek, mothersmilk tea and 1-2 beers per night (beer helps I dunno why). I just finished Reglan I barely noticed an increase-MAYBE 1/2 oz per pump session. I have a mirena IUD that was placed 3 weeks ago.

thanks!

Default Re: poop? teething? soy allergy?

It sounds an awful lot like teething...but it also sort of sounds like a possible food allergy. Unfortunately, some of the symptoms are pretty similar. Well, here's a question I have about the rash: how does it lie on her? Is it sort of spread out all over the place or is it more localized around the anus?

Default Re: poop? teething? soy allergy?

the rash is all over