Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TIRED?! Is it because of breastfeeding?

Default Re: TIRED?! Is it because of breastfeeding?

The hormones will be released as long as you breastfeed, however as you recover from childbirth and adjust to mothering, you will most likely not feel their effects as strongly because they are not being compounded by your already exhausted body.
    Actually, the prolactin surges will stop almost completely by 3 months or so. Oxytocin will still be released as a result of letdown

Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

Thanks Jen! I hadn't found that in my research... Good to know!
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader
    (the poster formerly known as fezzik812)
    Wife to Brett, Mommy to Seamus (5.1.05), and Emelie (1.18.08)
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Ghandi

I actually just learned it myself--my area held a Leader Education Day with Linda Smith, IBCLC a few weeks ago

Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

Sort of hijacking this post, but will you have your gallbladder removed, or they are just treating the stones with a low fat diet?
    I had mine removed after many "attacks" following the birth of my daughter and have never felt better. It took over 9 months to diagnose (stupid ER DR) and I had at least 30 attacks, most bringing me to my knees with a newborn to care for!
    I am so glad they finally figured it out and I had that surgery to take care of that!

Wink Re: TIRED?! Is it because of breastfeeding?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainMamma View Post
    Sort of hijacking this post, but will you have your gallbladder removed, or they are just treating the stones with a low fat diet?
    I had mine removed after many "attacks" following the birth of my daughter and have never felt better. It took over 9 months to diagnose (stupid ER DR) and I had at least 30 attacks, most bringing me to my knees with a newborn to care for!
    I am so glad they finally figured it out and I had that surgery to take care of that!
    I have to have it removed...and soon. Did your surgery hurt? We you able to breastfeed afterwards? How long did it take you to recover?