Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Daughter will only sleep by breast???!!

Default Daughter will only sleep by breast???!!

My daughter is 3 weeks old. I have been breastfeeding since she was 20 mins old. I LOVE IT! She loves it too....The only way to get her to sleep is by nursing her laying down and leaving my breast out. If I even dare put my breast up she has a fit. She doesnt like for her dad or nana to hold her, only me. She will not go to sleep with them either....I dont mind at all, since this is excellant bonding for her and I, However is this normal??

Default Re: Daughter will only sleep by breast???!!

My baby is the same way. I would suggest that when you are comfortable with the idea, you should start to get her used to other ways to fall asleep. A baby sling and a walk can do wonders. My LO was more willing to fall asleep without me after 5 months. It can be tiring but when they are only small for such a short amount of time, who wants to pass up extra cuddles?

Default Re: Daughter will only sleep by breast???!!

I think it sounds totally normal. And don't worry about her not falling asleep other ways yet, she is still so small. My 2.5 year old fell asleep nursing almost every single night for 2 years and she goes to sleep just fine, by herself, in her own room and her own bed. After cosleeping for two years.

My eight week old is falling asleep nursing and I love it.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months