Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Clogged Duct Question

Default Clogged Duct Question

Hi -

My little one is almost 7 weeks (Thursday), and two nights ago she slept for 5hours. I was a little engorged on the one side so I pumped just to relieve the pressure.

Fast forward to today and I am incredibly sore on that same side (close to the areola). I do not feel any lumps and there are no red streaks, just very very tender.

I have been drinking like crazy and massaging my breast when she nurses, but it still hurts.

Could it still be a clogged duct or maybe just residual pain from the first (and only) long stretch I have gotten?

Default Re: Clogged Duct Question

5 Hours? Wow! Thats awesome! lol! I think as long as there is no redness or swelling you are ok. You can try a hot compress, as hot as you can stand it, then pump, pump, pump! You can repeat a few times and that should relieve some discomfort. Good Luck and Happy Nursing

If it's just a little achy take some motrin. It's the beat pain med

If you start getting achy and have chills that's when you worry.

Just take some motrin and take a nap
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

I did take some motrin, nursed, pumped, and nursed some more. Now I do have a red streak from the areola and away from it (about 1/2 inch). I have no fever or chills....just tired. If there is any red, does that mean an infection? I have abx to take if I get an infection, but don't want to if not necessary.

I suggest you call your dr. I recently had the same thing happen to me and dr put me on antibiotics.