Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!! Is my supply drying up?

Default Help!! Is my supply drying up?

My 7 month old has had a really bad cold for the past week and although he ate less frequently for the first few days, he is back on his normal schedule. Unfortunately, my right breast is barely making milk now. It doesn't really fill up anymore, it feels kind of limp like it has already been emptied out even though DS still gets some milk out... I've been nursing him longer on my right and when he will, i try to have him nurse on it when he's not hungry, also bought some fenugreek today. I am really concerned that i am partially drying up which would break my heart! I dont have a regular pump because i never really leave where i would need to use it, I only have a handheld electric pump and manual one as well, neither of which has ever rendered as much milk as my son gets when he nurses. I have been trying to use that a little to get my right one workin!
    Is there anything else i can do? Is my supply drying up?

Ashley
    SAHM to Julian 8-5-10 8lbs 11oz

Wife to Ian 11-13-10

Default Re: Help!! Is my supply drying up?

Could be a growth spurt.

How many wet and dirty diapers?

Nurse, nurse, and nurse more. Drink MORE water than you thought you ever could, eat up lots of yummy oatmeal then nurse more.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

he used to have one or two poopy diapers each day but last month he had his first banana and didnt poop for four days! so i never gave him any more solids and we went right back to BFing full time. So since then, poopy every other day, and about six wet ones.

Banana was the worst for my LOs! I'll have to see if I can dig up the chart for output.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

Check out all these links on milk supply issues:

http://www.llli.org/nb/nbmilksupplyissues.html

thanks so much!
    Ashley
    SAHM to Julian 8-5-10 8lbs 11oz and Evan Alexander due 3-24-13
    Wife to Ian 11-13-10