Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Inside nipple pain

Default Inside nipple pain

I am wondering if anyone has an idea about this-

My son has started teething and I had some general nipple soreness just getting used to the new teeth/latch.

Now I think we have it all figured out except for on one side it feels like it is sore in the main center duct. I dont' have any soreness or tenderness on the outside, but once I compress the nipple it really hurts!

Lanolin etc, don't seem to have any affect, again, I can't seem to get it where it hurts inside.

It is not the same pain as a clogged duct, and I don't have any pain anywhere else in the breast tissue. My nipples aren't itchy or bright red and milk production is normal.

Nursing seems to aggrivate it, whereas pumping does not. I am sadly looking forward to pumping this week.

I have suffered some pretty nasty bites in the past two weeks but again I don't see any structural damage on the outside, and can't report any tenderness on the nipple or areola until I compress that middle duct.

Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!

Default Re: Inside nipple pain

Sounds like it's just gonna take time. Maybe alternating hot showers and icing it.

Good luck.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.