Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How can I increase my evening supply?

Question How can I increase my evening supply?

I think I have finally gotten close to being able to EBF. (We are still doing weekly weight checks as DS isn't gaining like doc wants, but his diaper output is decent.) I have plenty of milk at night (from about 10:30 p.m. on), so I always get up once in the night to pump (I am pumping right now in fact, and it's 2 a.m.). For the past week, pumping at night has given me enough milk to supplement in the evenings (around 7 p.m. until bedtime). But I ALWAYS seem to be too low on milk in the evenings... if I could only get my supply up to what it is during the morning and early afternoon, I think I would have enough milk to no longer need to supplement in the evenings!

My question is:

Is there any way to increase supply for a specific targeted time of day, like in the evenings?

Thank you!

PS - posting this in both increasing milk & pumping forums.
    DS#1: Aidan, born 1/7/11 - 9 lbs. 5 oz. 22 in. (a difficult induced labor), BFed for 2.5 years after a VERY rocky start (indebted to LLL for the support)!
    DS#2: Amiel, born 12/11/13 - 9lbs, 22 in., 8 days "late," spontaneously, naturally & unmedicated after resisting pressure to induce.
    :

Default Re: How can I increase my evening supply?

I answered your other post in pumping.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?