Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hydration?

Default Hydration?

DS is now almost 19.5 months and nursing 4 times a day (3 times on each side). He eats a good amount of solids (I think), and drinks water. He does not get much, if any juice, and has not been introduced to whole milk yet. My question is, how do I know if he's getting enough to stay hydrated? It's very dry where we are (CO), and I'm a little concerned. I CD, and was using rainbow diapers until I switched to toddler prefolds a few weeks ago. Since then, he only has 3-4 wet diapers a day...and they are not always soaking. Is there a certain amount of wet diapers that 18+ month olds are supposed to have?

Default Re: Hydration?

If he's nursing 4 times a day and getting water on top of that, then I'm sure he's getting enough liquids.

I don't know what the "right" number of diapers is for an 18 month old. Sorry.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness