Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Supplemental Nursing System

Default Supplemental Nursing System

Can anyone tell me where to buy a supplemental nursing system?
    Mother to 3...Kaylen 15, Clint 12, and Carter 11 months!!

Default Re: Supplemental Nursing System

My Lactation Consultant made one for me at the hospital. Do you have a Lactation Consultant that can help you get one and teach you how to use it? Otherwise I would go to Medela.com or Amazon.com.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Yeah my first thought was also to order directly from Medela. In my case I got it from DD's doc/LC. Also, I don't know where you live but when I was in Seattle I saw Birth and Beyond carry them. Any chance you're there?

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

I am in Georgia. And no LC to get/make one. I went to a medical supply store but the tubes are too big!
    Mother to 3...Kaylen 15, Clint 12, and Carter 11 months!!

amazon.com they cost ~50 bucks

i used the intro one its way cheaper even though its only supposed to be for temporary use...just clean it good. we only used it for 2 weeks (just long enough to "trick" lo back to the breast.)

I use a Lact-Aid which you can order directly from the manufacturer at their website.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

If you have any local breast feeding advice teams or the like, they could probably supply you with one.. Otherwise Amazon.com and ebay also have the Medela SNS and the Lact-Aid.. Although I would suggest getting the Lact-Aid if you plan on using this long term as the Medela SNS tubes tend to break quite easily.

Good luck!

Jarred - 12/June/2007 - BF for 3 months - stopped due to medical reasons
    Lilly - 4/May/2010 BF for 8 months - On strike between 1/1/2011 - 29/3/2011 - That's 12 Weeks and 3 days!! It is FINALLY over!
    Together we battle with Cows milk, nuts and soya allergies, but we're making it!
    We , , and too, but we're having problems..
    EPING for 3 months and counting!!