Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: It's Official!

Default It's Official!

When I was pregnant, my goal was to breastfeed until Autumn was 6 months. After she was born, my goal was 12. She is now 13 months old and our breastfeeding relationship is going strong! So we are officially "extended nursers!!"
    I am a working mom and under a lot of stress lately, but I have dilligently kept up my supply via pumping at work b/c I know how much better it is more my daughter and myself nutritionally AND emotinally.
    Unfortunately, I don't get to log onto the forums anymore as much as I'd like, but I just really wanted to share this with everyone!

Default Re: It's Official!

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnsMommy View Post
    When I was pregnant, my goal was to breastfeed until Autumn was 6 months. After she was born, my goal was 12. She is now 13 months old and our breastfeeding relationship is going strong! So we are officially "extended nursers!!"
    I am a working mom and under a lot of stress lately, but I have dilligently kept up my supply via pumping at work b/c I know how much better it is more my daughter and myself nutritionally AND emotinally.
    Unfortunately, I don't get to log onto the forums anymore as much as I'd like, but I just really wanted to share this with everyone!
    Congrats, my DD will be 13 months on 11/11 - it's great isn't it!!!!!

Congrats to you! Like you, I started with a goal of 6 months and took it one step at a time. We are at almost 16 mos and still going strong too. And I can totally relate with the working full time thing, too. It can be stressful. Good for you for sticking with it.

I am still in the beginning stages (ds is 6 mo) and am a SAHM but I just want to extend a congratulations and give you kudos for keeping it up while working. I know of many mothers who have given up once they went back to work. You should be extremely proud of yourself. Your daughter is very lucky to have such a good mommy!

"Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Wife to my wonderful Simon
    Parenting my sweet Noah born 5.2.06 from the heart

http://www.normalizebreastfeeding.com

Congratulations! We'll be 14 months tomorrow. Good for you for extending your goal!

Awesome news!!
    We're approaching a year (11/11) and have no intention of quitting, either. Thanks for the encouragement of your post!

That's wonderful, Jill! Good for you and Autumn. I, too, struggled through pumping etc. but it was all worth it. My DD is almost 14 months old and I don't see us weaning anytime soon either.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on