Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Want to pump baby is 6 mo

Default Want to pump baby is 6 mo

DH gets a free 2 day, 1 night trip with work and I'm dying to go! (and leave LO with BM with the grandparents)

Problem is that it's in a month and baby is 6 months old and has never had anything but breast!

I'm going to start trying sippy cups and will try bottles if I must... but I really need some tips about how to start pumping and how to get my supply up so i can have milk stored for when i leave.

does anyone have experience with this? what worked for you? what kind of pump is best (i'd like to bring the pump too so that i can keep my supply up while i'm gone).

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Default Re: Want to pump baby is 6 mo

To get that much milk that quickly you will need a hospital pump (you can rent one). You will also need to pump a lot. After every nursing session at the very least. It will be a lot of work and you may have trouble getting enough if you are one of those women who do not respond well to a pump.

Is there anyway you can take your baby with you?

Also you will want to poke around on here to look at the information about traveling with breast milk and storing it when you are away.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.