Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Do you think "family/kid friendly" establishments should have a nursing area?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definately

1 50.00%
  • No

1 50.00%
  • Not sure

0 0%

Thread: Bottle Strike

Default Bottle Strike

I know most mom's probably have the opposite problem but I'm hoping there's someone out there who can relate to me here (and help)!

I'm exclusively breastfeeding & pump for those times when we have to feed "on the go". For a while my daughter was OK with taking a bottle however lately it's impossible. The minute the bottle goes into her mouth she puts on a disgusted face & the war begins. We're lucky if she takes 1/2 oz. I know babies can smell BM so my husband's tried feeding her, so have some family members but she still won't take the bottle.

I'm not one of those moms that feels comfortable nursing in public; power to those who are but that's just not me. Not to mention, my husband & I are looking for babysitters and I want to make sure my daughter's fed when she's with the sitter (seeing as how she won't be able to provide a "direct natural source").

I'd like to know if any of you out there have tried the Adiri bottle. I've read it's the closest thing to the breast but don't want to waste anymore $$$ on bottles (and this one runs about $10!)

Default Re: Bottle Strike

Hi everyone!

Call it Murphy's Law but last night I tried giving my daughter a bottle [again] and see if she'd take it and she did!
    I realized the one thing I did differently is warm up the milk [since it was in the refrigerator]. I think the deal may be she doesn't like cold milk! The oddity is that this week when I pumped milk out she didn't want to take it from the bottle either; perhaps heating it up a little bit will help!

Just wanted to post this in case anyone's going through the same thing; maybe this "solution" will help!