Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Update on LO and breast pain

Default Update on LO and breast pain

I was worried about LOs spitting up etc, appointment today, he's 9lbs now! He's 3 weeks, 3 days old. He was 7lbs, 4.7oz when he was born, and lost 9% of his birth weight at his first post-hospital appt (slightly under 7lbs.)

However, my breast is painful again, I finished the antibiotics (for a plugged milk duct) around a week ago. I thought I was out of the woods (GRRRRRR.) No fever though (yet!) there is a somewhat painful lump in my right breast (again.)

I've been working very hard on having good latches and my LO is gaining weight well and enough poopy and pee diapers. ARGGH. WHY again?! I hated the antibiotics, can't take it with a full stomach and have to wait for an hour after taking it. Grrrr.
    Breastfeeding Mommy to Roger - born February 16th, 2011 via emergency C-section.

Default Re: Update on LO and breast pain

Aw, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. It sounds like you know what to do though. One thing that worked well for me were the hot compresses before nursing. I filled socks with rice and then heated them in the microwave. Be sure to get as much rest as possible. And nurse, nurse, nurse.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn