Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with my supply?

Default Problems with my supply?

I have been EBF my LO since she was born 2/12/11. It seemed like my boobs were always hard, like I had an over supply. Since yesterday I've noticed they aren't as "full" as I am used to them being. Just now when I tried to nurse her she was getting upset, like she wasn't getting enough milk. She has plenty of poop and pee diapers, and she even spit up a little so I don't know what's going on. Is my body just finally regulating my supply now? I can squeeze my nipple and see milk coming out so I don't know why she'd be frustrated
    Mommy to Violet, 05/31/07
    Mommy to Ainsley, 02/12/11

Default Re: Problems with my supply?

with the PP.

It's totally normal to lose that hard, "full" feeling once your supply adjusts. As long as your baby is having the right number of wet and poopy diapers and you are feeding on demand, there's absolutely no need to worry.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

with pp. My baby has a witching hour where nothing seems to make him happy, but I think as your supply regulates they get a little annoyed that they have to work a little harder for the milk.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Thank you all, you've eased my mind It was just last night that she was fussy at the breast, and it took me 2 hours to get her to sleep. After that she slept for 4 hours and fed just fine, then 4 hours later when she woke up again I was actually leaking. Now I feel pretty full today, I think I just got worried because I was so "used" to feeling so full. Today my breasts are definitely not as full as they used to be, but they are definitely full

How old is your LO? She might be going thru a growthspurt...
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sailoryue View Post
    How old is your LO? She might be going thru a growthspurt...
    She'll be a month old tomorrow!

Yeah your probably at a growhspurt. Typically happens around 4-6 weeks
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

I just went through this with my newborn at 2 weeks. It's a growth spurt. Best thing to do is feed every time baby wants to eat. Mine was literally at the breast alllll day. I just stayed on the couch. It may drive you crazy but it only lasted a few days for me. It will increase your milk supply dramatically. If, like me, you feel you are not making enough you can try milkmaid tea or mothers milk tea, oatmeal, 1 beer, and most importantly lots of water. I now make enough for 2 babies. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*loisarbuckle View Post
    I just went through this with my newborn at 2 weeks. It's a growth spurt. Best thing to do is feed every time baby wants to eat. Mine was literally at the breast alllll day. I just stayed on the couch. It may drive you crazy but it only lasted a few days for me. It will increase your milk supply dramatically. If, like me, you feel you are not making enough you can try milkmaid tea or mothers milk tea, oatmeal, 1 beer, and most importantly lots of water. I now make enough for 2 babies. Good luck!

I have heard about the tea, and the water, but 1 beer, and oatmeal???? Is that true?

Oatmeal definitely is!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language