Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sick baby... touched out

Default Sick baby... touched out

Gavin is getting over gastro (or flu or some other nasty virus, we never actually got it diganosed). I stayed home today and the kid was like a leach! I tried hard to be sympathetic to the fact that he hasn't really eaten properly in days, and that his body needs fuel to recover. But I easily spent 5+ hours sitting nursing the kid today!

I am soo thankful I am able to nurse him and give him all he needs (Naomi was/is also sick and we were having a hard time getting sips of water into her). But I'm just feeling a little touched out right now.

I can't wait until things are back to normal and I have my happy independant boy back!
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Default Re: Sick baby... touched out

Hang in there. You are lucky to be able to offer him your milk. You are a trooper for hanging in there. With the help of your milk, he will be back to good in no time!!
    Alene
    LLL Leader

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*LLLAlene View Post
    Hang in there. You are lucky to be able to offer him your milk. You are a trooper for hanging in there. With the help of your milk, he will be back to good in no time!!
    Thank you

I know you ladies understand. This is just a safe place to complain!!
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Sick kids are no fun! Hope they both feel better soon!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

Yeah I hope he feels better soon! It does make it hard to get much done when they're sick and need to be held or nursed constantly.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

How's everything today mama?
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?