Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yeah!! Milk supply is FINALLY back!

Thumbs up Yeah!! Milk supply is FINALLY back!

Hello ladies...I just had to write and let you all know that my supply is FINALLY back enough that I don't have to give my little one bottles anymore after being sick! YIPPEE!! I guess I consider myself blessed, I've been on both sides of the battle now, oversupply and low supply. Thanks for the support, I am all better now, rehydrated and feeling great! Thankfully Senja never got whatever bug it was that I had, and neither did the other two! *phew*
    Wife to the man of my dreams! 10/10/98

DD Kiara 4/00
    DD Moriah 12/01
    DD Senja 2/06

Thankful to be a stay at home mom and homeschooling mom!

Default Re: Yeah!! Milk supply is FINALLY back!

Congrats!!!!! That is awesome - It is so wonderful to make the right amount of milk.

I am struggling with my supply at the moment, and I was wondering what you did to increase your supply (since whatever you did obviously worked ). My ds has been on a mild nursing strike the past 3 weeks (depends on the day at this point), and I am beginning to notice that my supply is REALLY dropping. Thanks .
    Mommy to three amazing little ones...Noah {4/12/06}, Leah {3/21/08}, and Isaac {6/18/10}. Loving every moment!

Angie5892-I have a tendency to overproduce...I was sick with some sort of stomach bug for 4 days, got dehydrated, and my supply took a drastic hit...once it was starting to come back, I got hit with another bug, and went through it all again I just nursed and nursed...I nursed first, and if she wasn't satisfied, I gave her a bottle afterwards. With my tendency to overproduce I think it made my supply come back easier, but it was still not fun! It was frustrating to have to make a bottle after just finishing nursing, but as long as I nursed first I knew my body would know to produce more. I hope you can find something to work for you. Have you tried pumping after nursing?? That can help stimulate more supply because it is telling your body to make more because there is more stimulation at the breast. Hang in there, you'll get more milk!
    Wife to the man of my dreams! 10/10/98

DD Kiara 4/00
    DD Moriah 12/01
    DD Senja 2/06

Thankful to be a stay at home mom and homeschooling mom!