Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Why does my 2 month old has diarrhea?

Default Why does my 2 month old has diarrhea?

Hi ladies! Sorry, I feel like I'm always posting questions on here... But I'm a FTM and I've already faced a few challenges with my son, and now I have another. My 2 month old son has had diarrhea (just yellow watery stools - with no substance to them) since yesterday afternoon. He seems fine otherwise - no fever, no blood or green poop, no dehydration (he is still having 10+ wet diapers a day). He's been a little bit fussier and a little more sleepy than usual, but nothing that I find worrisome.

I have completely cut dairy out of my diet for over a month now (he has a milk sensitivity), and I haven't eaten anything "different" that I can think of in days. He has been drooling a lot recently and I think he may be teething, but everyone seems to think he's too young to be teething. Although I got my first tooth at 4 months. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing his diarrhea? I'm putting off taking him to his pediatrician since he seems otherwise fine. Is that a mistake? Should I take him in because of his age? I jjust don't want to make a big deal out of nothing if this is common or will pass soon on it's own. Thanks for any advice!

Default Re: Why does my 2 month old has diarrhea?

They're probably just regular poops if they're still yellow

This article by dr sears should help http://www.askdrsears.com/html/11/T081500.asp
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Did he have a rotavirus vaccine recently?
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Thanks for the link, it was very helpful and reassuring. I'm pretty sure it is diarrhea, though. :/ Although it's still yellow, it's pretty much a yellow liquid mess that is completely absorbed into the diaper. But the Dr. Sears site made me feel better. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it will clear up on it's own in the next day or two. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    Did he have a rotavirus vaccine recently?

He got his vaccines - including the rotavirus one - last week on Tuesday. Could that be it, even though it was 6-7 days ago? I hadn't even thought of that...

Children may be more likely to experience mild, temporary diarrhea or vomiting within 7 days after getting a dose of rotavirus vaccine than children who have not gotten the vaccine.
    From HERE
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

That makes sense... Thanks, ladies!!