Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Itchy Boobs? LOL

Cool Itchy Boobs? LOL

Ok, my nipples were cracked and sore during the first two weeks of breastfeeding. My son's pediatrician said if we DO have thrush it's probably only a small amount, so she gave us Nystatin cream and we're doing better. However, now my nipples and breasts in general are ITCHY. I called my OBGYN and he examined them and did not find thrush.

Does anyone else's boobs itch a lot?

Default Re: Itchy Boobs? LOL

Oh lord yes, all the time!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

the burning I worry about.
    Itchy goes with healing!
    some moms talk about let down like it itches.
    is it just your nipples?

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    the burning I worry about.
    Itchy goes with healing!
    some moms talk about let down like it itches.
    is it just your nipples?
    There is no burning..just itching in both the boob AND the nipples.

My boobs itch so bad that I could scratch them until they bleed sometimes!! I have been examined in the past and did not have thrush, my doc figured it was a result of wearing a bra all of the time and them not getting any air...they do feel better if I can stand to go without the support for a little while.
    Amber
    Mommy to Bridget (12/20/05) and Brady (9/6/07)

Wink Re: Itchy Boobs? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    My boobs itch so bad that I could scratch them until they bleed sometimes!! I have been examined in the past and did not have thrush, my doc figured it was a result of wearing a bra all of the time and them not getting any air...they do feel better if I can stand to go without the support for a little while.

Interesting. I thought for sure it was just me..lol. I dont' wear bras most of the time though.......

no burning is good. Maybe you'll just get used to it.
    I know mine bother me when I use this one bra that I have. I don't know if its the fabric or what. But I sweat a lot in that one bra, ok that's sort of gross any ways it makes me extra hot.

I think it's the sweating that's getting me...with or without a bra, my boobs always sweat. I've found that Gold Bond Medicated powder helps with the itching (and has a cooling effect ). You've just got to be sure to get it off of you before nursing. I put it under my boobs every time I get out of the shower.
    Amber
    Mommy to Bridget (12/20/05) and Brady (9/6/07)