Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do you boost your supply?

Default How do you boost your supply?

So I've noticed a bit of a drop in my supply. I'm doing my best not to freak out about it (I've got PPD and my early-on difficulties with supply and BFing in general made it so much worse when I first had DS). I work full time so I pump 3 times a day at work, plus I pump first thing in the morning (DS sleeps until 7:30 - I'm at work at 7:30). So the schedule is: 6 - 6:30am morning pump (I would get about 7-8 oz out of this pump); 9:30 - 10am mid-morning pump (anywhere from 4 to 5 oz this pump); 12:45 - 1:15 early afternoon pump (about 4 to 5 oz this pump); and finally 4pm late afternoon pump (about 3 1/2 to 4 oz this pump). Once I get home (usually around 5ish) I feed DS his solids and he has some boob about 40 mins after that. Then we nurse right before bed, usually around 8:30 - 9pm and then he's down until 7:30 am. I always pump right before bed (usually around9:30 or 10pm) and top off any bottles I deem necessary to do so. I usually get anywhere from 1 1/2 oz to 2 oz this pump because DS has just nursed.

Yesterday and today, however, my morning pump only yielded 6 oz. Yesterday my mid morning and early afternoon pumps yielded 4 oz each and my late afternoon pump only yielded 2.5 oz.

Now, I should add that I take fenugreek and up until a few days ago, blessed thistle (I'm waiting for my re-order to come in). I'm hoping this dip in supply is due to not having the blessed thistle and not a sign of things to come. How else can I up my supply? Any suggestions?

P.S. I just want to add - this message board has saved my sanity more than once. You ladies all rock my world!
    Wife to Glenn - Mommy to Alexander

Default Re: How do you boost your supply?

This is my go-to link for troubleshooting pumping issues: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/p..._decrease.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    This is my go-to link for troubleshooting pumping issues: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/p..._decrease.html
    Thanks so much! This is a HUGE help!

How old is your baby? Is there a chance you could be pregnant?
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jeno View Post
    How old is your baby? Is there a chance you could be pregnant?
    My little guy is 5 months old (and AWESOME - I'm a very lucky mommy). As for being pregnant, nope, not pregnant.