Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Poop in Breastfed Infant?

Default Re: Green Poop in Breastfed Infant?

Googled green poop and ended up here. Thanks to all of you for your posts. DS2 is definitely enduring my overproduction!

Same here--thanks for the insight. I have tried the block feeding...which seems to have cleared the problem. My concern now...is that at times LO still shows signs of hunger after "finishing" one breast. Moreover, just today, he has started fussing and pulling away all together only to make sucking motions minutes later. Any insight??

I've been block feeding for 4 days now but haven't noticed any change in my baby boy. Stools still green (in fact, more consistently are green instead of just sometimes) and feeding every 45 minutes..never seeming full and/or satisfied and often choking/spitting. I have been using 2 hour blocks so am switching now to 3 hour blocks to see if it helps but am growing more eager to bring relief to my little man! I'm doing an awful lot of work for him never to feel really satisfied and comfortable. I also break his suck and burp about every 10 minutes or so but he's still really gassy (despite good burps).
    Any other suggestions most greatly appreciated!

Hi

I have also heard that green poop can be a sign of a poor diet, especially that you have too much sugar in your diet?? Just a thought

I did the block feeding method and finally got yellow poop on day eight after working up to 4 hour blocks. However, I got worried that I would loose my supply so I googled Dr. Jack Newman as suggested by binxyboo and found GREAT information there. Instead of block feeding, I am following the instructions that I found on Newman's site, it makes more sense to me. Thank you binxyboo!

Green and mucous can also be sign of a dairy intolerance/allergy. BTDT. Any projectile vomiting?

@hoschmom- I am so thankful I found this site! I googled "green poop in breastfeeding infant" like another poster did and found this post. My baby and I exhibit all of the oversupply and overactive letdown symptoms. But like you asked, she also exhibits the projectile vomiting. Not always, but she has a few times. Could this mean a dairy or other food allergy?