Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 6 months-suddenly nursing often through night

Default 6 months-suddenly nursing often through night

My 6 mo. old baby girl has been a great sleeper since she was about 8 weeks and typically had at least a 7-9 hour stretch of sleep before waking to eat. Unfortunately, nursing has been very difficult for us and the past 6 months have included many nursing strikes in which we gave bottles of EBM. I also went back to work and pumped/gave bottles during that time as well. I happily quit my job to be home with my baby 2 weeks ago and since then nursing has improved dramatically. However, with that came a complete change in her sleep habits. She is now waking every 2-3 hours to nurse, which we haven't done since she was about 5-6 weeks. I'm fine with nursing at night, and am not trying to night wean, but, why the sudden change in sleep?

Default Re: 6 months-suddenly nursing often through night

Is she teething or working on any big physical milestones like sitting up or crawling? Night waking is really common during times like that, as is wanting to be comforted at the breast. Congratulations on being able to stay home with your baby!
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Default Re: 6 months-suddenly nursing often through night

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*duckpond View Post
    Is she teething or working on any big physical milestones like sitting up or crawling? Night waking is really common during times like that, as is wanting to be comforted at the breast. Congratulations on being able to stay home with your baby!
    Thanks! I do think she is teething, and she's working on sitting and balancing. I appreciate your help.