Re: Deformed nipple- need help!
Welcome, and sorry to hear you've hit a bump in the breastfeeding road! You should be able to transition to using mostly or exclusively 1 breast in the following way:
1. Always offer the preferred breast first.
2. Pump the preferred breast after feedings.
Basically, it's the reverse of what you'd do if you wanted to correct a problem with lopsidedness.
The only things I'd encourage you to do are:
1. Try a better pump and make sure your shields are fitting correctly- a weak pump and a bad fit to your shields could explain why you're getting engorged.
2. Consider continuing to nurse on that side. As the baby gets bigger and stronger, he may be able to latch on the operated-on side and get better results than he's getting now, with his tiny newborn mouth.
3. Check out this website for moms who are nursing after breast surgeries: http://bfar.org/ Hopefully there's helpful info there!
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"