Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Low Supply Issue!!!

Default Low Supply Issue!!!

Hi I've been breastfeeding my son since he was born and have always had a pretty good supply but last week I came down with the flu and was in bed the entire time and at one point had a fever of 102.7. I tried to pump the entire time to keep my supply going but was only able to get about 1 oz out between both breast at once, whereas before I was sick I could get 2 oz per breast at one time, ending the day with about 3-3 1/2 ozs a day to freeze. Now I'm still a little sick but nothing like before, is there ANYTHING I can do to help get my supply back up or am I just stuck at getting just 1 oz at a time?

Default Re: Low Supply Issue!!!

It is totally possible to increase your supply again. This link covers increasing supply while pumping: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/p..._decrease.html

When you were sick, were you nursing and pumping or just nursing? A lot of moms think they need to stop nursing while they're sick, when that is only very rarely the case. One reason you want to keep nursing when sick is that the pump is often a poor substitute for the baby when it comes to maintaining supply.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"