Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Chair recommendation

Default Re: High Chair recommendation

I think I'd like to get something like this from IKEA next time. We had a traditional Evenflo highchair with DD and it was bulky and in the way.

I like my Chicco highchair. I have the Chicco travel system and fell in love with it so we got the highchair too. The tray comes off and we push it up to the table now that he is older. I loved that it came with two tray covers and all the adjustments you could make. The only downfall is it only goes up to like 38 lbs. There are some others that go up to a high weight but those usually don't have the height adjustment. That was a must for me because I wanted to be able to push it up to the table.
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

We have a Graco Cozy Dinette and it's fine for our 7 month old, but we're saving up to get a Stokke Tripp Trapp when she's around a year old. DD is not a messy eater so having fabric cushions on the Graco is no big deal to us. We want the Stokke because it will look nicer in our dining room and be usable for her as she grows.

My SIL has the Chicco high chair and it's horrible to clean, especially the tray.

(We were gifted the Graco high chair; we didn't register for one because we wanted to shop around and get one for ourselves. A family friend went off-registry to buy it for us and it would have been a pain to return it, so we just kept it and figured we could always sell it to the children's consignment store if it was awful. It does get the job done but it doesn't work so nicely with our dining room furniture and we want her eating at the table when she's older.)
    Katie - mom to Lily, 8/5/2010

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katiebug View Post

My SIL has the Chicco high chair and it's horrible to clean, especially the tray.
    I don't have a problem with mine. The tray has a cover that pops on and off (actually two of them) and I just stick them in the sink and wash. Everything else I wash with soap and water. The seat cover comes off easily and wipes clean with warm water.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katiebug View Post
    I had to literally unscrew/dismantle the tray sometimes to get the food out of the seam!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaitlyns.mom View Post
    I had to literally unscrew/dismantle the tray sometimes to get the food out of the seam!
    Oh that! It can be a pain if goop gets in there but I have never had to take it apart. I just wiped it with a sponge. As long as you wipe it down before the food dries on you are fine. The seem doesn't get anything in it most of the time. The only time it did was LO's 1st bday when we let him go to town on his birthday cake.
    Michelle

I love the Phil&Teds chair that screws right on to the table. I love not having an extra stand alone seat in our house, or anohter thing to clean . You can also stick it right in the dishwasher when it gets cruddy.

And you can take it with you to restaurants so you don't have to use anothr gross sticky germy highchair.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

We actually had our daughter sit in each one of the highchairs at Babies R Us before we decided.

Features you want:

* Vinal or otherwise wipe-able seat.
    * Reclining of you are brining him/her to the family dinner table early - before trying foods
    * Removable tray cover, so to easily remove a wash
    * Adjustable height
    * Folds flat for travel
    TW
    <Abigail 9/6/10>