Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice --partial breastfeeding frustration

Default Re: Need advice --partial breastfeeding frustration

try breast compressions this can keep the baby at the breast longer:

http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns..._increase.html

http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=...tion&Itemid=17

Ok. It has been 6 days since my daughter has nursed. I continue to pump and total all day of pumping (6 times) was less than 4oz yesterday....ugh. I keep telling myself it is worth it but I am so stressed. I wish I could just get back to at least partial nursing. I miss the closeness, and I am starting tofeel really down about it. Part of me just wants to be done so I can just grieve and get over it. I am hanging in limbo here and I just don't know how to cope withthis emotionally.

ya. I hear that too. I'm able to get close to 10 oz in a full day of pumping (only on work days when I'm not BFing), but LO wants 4-6 oz of formula AFTER we BF almost every time. I'm very frustrated as well...I'm hanging on to bf because I love the closeness but I feel pretty down about not being able to provide enough for LO.

I think it's more frustrating considering all the work thats been put into building supply and seeing that it has barely worked at all. I'm sure you've worked your hardest too. I dunno what to say to encourage you to go on, but I'm thinking good thoughts for you!

Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep you in my prayers! Keep me posted on how thingsare going.

Don't feel alone. I'm going through the same thing. My LO is 3 months old and she's been nursing less and less in the last few weeks.

I am so frustrated because it nursing was so difficult to begin with (painful, latching probs, low supply). Finally, thing seemed smooth, but then she is now nursing less. At first, I thought maybe too much distraction, so I started BFing in quieter area. I'm going to keep offering the breast, but I'm getting so discouraged.

I've been using breast compression during BFings and also trying to pump more, but my output isn't that great.

Good luck to you all!

So, my current plan is: get an sns and use it this weekend d (assuming baby will take it) pump after every feeding and continue pumping at work. I have a very flexible job and at the very least I can continue doing what I am doing...it is still about 3oz a day of breastmilk and I feel closer to her...like I am doing something good for her while we have to be apart. Last night she woke in the night and she actually nursed herself back tosleep!! It was the first time shehas latched on and actually swallowed milk in about 2 weeks! It was such a precious moment and I don't mind pumping all the time if it means I can have moments like that once in a while O:-)