Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How long until I'm not sore?

Question How long until I'm not sore?

DD weaned on her 3rd birthday which was nearly 3 months ago now. I didn't have any problems with engorgement since it was very gradual up until that point. However, there are still random days that I do feel really "tight" and I've been pretty much "sore" for the past 6 weeks if not longer. I'm trying to remember back to before I was pregnant (early 2007!) whether my boobs were always this sore or not, but back then I didn't have a small person constantly jumping on me and grabbing me.

So my question is -- how long will it take for this "soreness" to go away? I would've thought 3 months was plenty...!
    Last edited by @llli*goldentwig; March 5th, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
    I used to and and use gDiapers when they were clean (now we're potty-trained... yay!). Also enjoyed but she still in the mornings.

Default Re: How long until I'm not sore?

Have you been letting down? I would say if you have not been expressing any milk for this whole time, you should probably not be still feeling soreness. When I weaned DD1 I was pregnant, so it could have been due to that that I dried up more quickly, but 3 months sounds like a long time to me. I hope you get more answers, but it might be worth a call to your doctor.

Do you know if you are still producing milk? Like if you tried to express right now, would you get any?

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09