Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cranky 2 month old.

Default Re: Cranky 2 month old.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sarahandjack View Post
    Is there any way to get him to stay latched on? It seems every time he is due for a real feeding he gets on and basically just comes off all of the time.
    Can you tell us what's going on when he's doing the unlatching thing? Is it happening when the milk is coming out really fast? Is he perhaps gagging, choking, coughing, spluttering, or making a clicking or clucking noise?

Other times he just wants to nurse for comfort he sucks some and then sleeps. Is there any way to end this?
    Try the following:
    - Offer a pacifier
    - Wear him in a sling (he may only want closeness, not food)
    - Motion- take him for a ride in the stroller or the car, rock him in a swing, vibrate him in a bouncy seat

he is literally on me all day. there is no time of day that is better than another. he is incredibly gassy, uncomfortable and either nursing or crying. is the constant nursing adding to his gas?
    Constant nursing generally is not responsible for gassiness. However, some of the things that make babies gassy can also make them nurse a lot, because nursing soothes discomfort. These things include but are not limited to acid reflux, fast letdowns, and food allergies/intolerances. This link may also help: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...e-nursing.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Sometimes while he nurses there is a clicking noise, kind of like a really annoying whirling noise, I guess. Occasionally he gags or coughs while he is eating as well.

He does seem to like the sling, and the car rides will soothe him for at least a little while. He just seems to be in pain. When he cries his face gets all tight and red and he actually cries tears. He was just put on Zantac last week for the reflux, but it only seems like his gas has been worse since. I am sure this is probably just coincidence?

Clicking, gagging, coughing, and gas- that says possible oversupply to me...

How are his diapers? What do his poops look like?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"

My baby girl is 7 weeks old and she does the EXACT same thing. She's been doing this from day one. I figure she will just grow out of it. She has the same gassy, uncomfortable thing going on. Some days are worse than others. I did so much research trying to figure out the causes but it could be multiple things. I think forceful let down and possibly allergies to some food that I am eating. I think only half the time she's eating and the other half she is pacifying. At night its worse and she gets on and off the breast for hours, bobbing on and off, and fussing, farting, etc...In addition to this, she doesn't let ANYONE else hold her for more than 5 minutes, including DH and her sister whom she sees everyday....like the previous post said..this too shall pass!

His diapers seem to be fine. He goes through more than I can count and he poops every few days. I have heard of oversupply before, but am not sure what that entails.

I should add that his latest poops have been green and spinachy looking. Not really mucous, but chunky. I thought this was due to the occasional dose of colic calm we had tried for his gas, now I am not sure...

Some green or greenish poops aren't a matter of concern. But if the baby is producing poops that are consistently or mostly green, you definitely want to look at oversupply and intolerance as possible causes. With the clicking and the coughing and the gas, I'd guess oversupply first...

im a military wife as well. so i totally feel you on the being alone thing lol. um sometimes clicking and fussiness could be from an ear ache or ear infection. . ?

Thanks! We are on day two of Daddy being gone and have already had several meltdowns!! He is always crying or gassy. All he wants to do is nurse, and he won't go down for naps. We get to go home to visit my parents next week, so hopefully a little Grammie time will help. I am beginning to feel like a horrible parent because I do not know what to do for him. We have tried literally everything that has been suggested. I guess the only thing that is going to help him is time? If only Daddy was here to help.

aww well at least you get to go visit family!!! my hubs is leaving in a month or so he wont be back for 7 months.. i wish i could visit fam, but mines alll the way in another country. lol not gonna do that 14 hour flight!