Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard Decision to Make

Default Re: Hard Decision to Make

I agree with extra pumping etc to tell your body to make more!
    Let us know how it goes.
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09

Out of curiosity, hope this is not too personal, but how did you know you got worms from sushi? I thought that the worm eggs found in raw fish can not actually infest humans (although they can make you really really sick).

--A fellow sushi lover
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!

When I looked into making my own sushi, I think I read that salt water fish can have parasites that can infect humans, but fresh water fish can't. Or vice versa. I can never remember. Freezing in a commercial deep freeze (not a home freezer) will kill them all anyway, but is bad for the texture of the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ooky View Post
    Out of curiosity, hope this is not too personal, but how did you know you got worms from sushi? I thought that the worm eggs found in raw fish can not actually infest humans (although they can make you really really sick).

--A fellow sushi lover
    Good question, I don't know for sure. I've since done more research and think it might also be from rare pork or beef. Now, I'm all about well-done!

I'm on day 4 of a 5 day regime of taking two pills a day. I don't pump, but I'm feeling let-downs and my 15 month old is nursing just as much as he has always has. If there is less milk, it's not obvious to me or my babe. I might have to do another round in a few weeks.

Thanks for the support ladies I'll let you know how it all turns out.

9 yrs. w/ DH
    mother to Dylan
    11/27/2009 ~ 7 lbs. 3 oz. ~ 20 & 1/2 inches

and and

we're almost to THREE YEARS!

FYI, you can always call the people at www.infantrisk.org. They work with Hale. I trust them vs. random Google searches any day.

Dude, now I'm skeeved out about sush!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Glad it's working out mama, and I'm glad you posted. There are likely a lot of moms looking for this info so you helped out a number of moms and babies
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    Glad it's working out mama, and I'm glad you posted. There are likely a lot of moms looking for this info so you helped out a number of moms and babies
    Was just going to say the same thing! Glad it's going well. Hope you have it all behind you soon!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Update: all is well! I just had a blood test and stool sample to make sure I am parasite-free and I am! So happy

9 yrs. w/ DH
    mother to Dylan
    11/27/2009 ~ 7 lbs. 3 oz. ~ 20 & 1/2 inches

and and

we're almost to THREE YEARS!

Woo hoo glad all worked out!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I'm still nursing my 14 month old and recently was tested for Lyme (results pending) and will have to be put on Doxycycline. I was upset that the Dr told me I had to stop breastfeeding while on the medication because I was worried if we even would pick back up. I wasn't sure if I was ready to wean cold turkey. We attempted last night and it was an awful night for all of us. After reading this forum and seeing www.infantrisk.org suggested by poster @llli*yoginimama I was able to make an educated decision that I can continue to breastfeed during my two week course of Doxy!! I am so thrilled and thankful. Thank you for suggesting that website, Texas Tech University Health Sciences are amazing!!!