Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nipple pain - newly pregnant - nursing 27month old.

Default Nipple pain - newly pregnant - nursing 27month old.

I had a question about those beginning stages of pregnancy when your nipples are super sore - and nursing. Does the nipple pain lessen?? (through pregnancy?) I honestly can't remember.

Nursing my toddler has become ... a pain, literally. And I really hate that that it has. I don't want to wean, but the pain is unbearable sometimes. My LO nurses on average 6-7 times a day, nurses down for nap , and more often than not, will ask even if I haven't offered. So it seems to me, she's not ready to wean either.
    We have had to night wean, because my morning sickness is so bad in the wee small hours that I can't pull myself out of bed. She's adjusting to Mama not coming in her room at night (better than I thought she would).
    I'm Adrienne, Mama to Marin Mae
    born 12.18.2008
    5 lbs
    proudly nursed until 36 months when she self weaned.

and Declan Kai
    born 09.13.2011
    4lbs 11oz

proudly and !

bloggy.

Default Re: Nipple pain - newly pregnant - nursing 27month old.

IME yes it gets better, but it may be a while I nursed my 3yo through my whole pg and there was a pain stage, a stage where I was having really negative feelings about nursing and wanted him off me and then a stage where it was fine and we just dealt with my huge belly!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I'm 17 weeks and I have an almost 34 month old. Mine still hurt. But it only hurts when she first latches on for a few seconds and that's it. Feels like nursing a newborn again! Mine is only nursing at night though. Hope it gets better soon for you!
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    I'm 17 weeks and I have an almost 34 month old. Mine still hurt. But it only hurts when she first latches on for a few seconds and that's it. Feels like nursing a newborn again! Mine is only nursing at night though. Hope it gets better soon for you!
    Im experiencing the exact same thing, but DS nurses during the day and has stopped at night.

There have been times where I have had to put a limit on it because i couldn't handle the pain. Or when they have been super sore/sensitive, I tell him not now and give him his sippy or a toy to distract him. He sometimes gets upset when he REALLY wants to nurse and that last thing I want is a toddler latching onto me, but we've been working on it and i do have to say its coming along nicely.
    Darylann

Married to my best friend 7/09
    Mommy to my Water baby T 10/29/09

Loving and Cloth diapering T's

expecting a 8/15/2011