0 0%
  • Increase with side affects

0 0%
  • Yes it worked

3 75.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP PLEASE>>FEELING LIKE A FAILURE GROWTH OFF Sorry long help

Default Re: HELP PLEASE>>FEELING LIKE A FAILURE GROWTH OFF Sorry long help

Does DS seem content after a feeding? Or does he seem ravenous?

What is his demeanour otherwise? Does he spit up often or cry out in pain for any reason? Or is he mostly content?

Lots of questions, sorry!

What is DS's wet diaper count in a 24 hour period?

How many hours a day are you away from him? How many ounces do you leave for him during that time period?
    Last edited by @llli*momcbs; March 9th, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

A breastfed baby normally doesn't drink more than 4oz in a sitting ever. Really. More than that is probably a function of the bottle
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    A breastfed baby normally doesn't drink more than 4oz in a sitting ever. Really. More than that is probably a function of the bottle
    I nurse him right before we have to go. Well Whenever he wakes up which is within an hour of us leaving. HE is away from me for about 10 hours. The first hour or two hes asleep and has just eaten. So you can say from 8 oclock in the morning untill 5-530 Im away and he was being left 12 oz, Now he is being left 15 oz. Im really trying for these bottles. He is eating about every three hours. So when I get off of work if he is at our home ten mins or so away then I can pump when I get home and then feed him. If he at his grandmothers then I am unable to pump well unless i use the hand pump but then hes about hungry when I get there so i dont like to make him get minimal at first, Id rather him get his fill.

As for diapers he loads a few with ;pee several times and ahas about 8 or so diapers in all. Some are not so loaded some especially the ones in the night before we awake for the day. Some are minimally wet.

HE doesnt poo all the time, Though he has burst as i call them where his diaper is stained a bit and within a few days of having 2 or 3 of these he will completely fill up a diaper ( sometimes between these loaded diapers 7-10 can pass.) But he does have the burst.

He seems fine after he eats. I mean some times he pulls off and will look around laugh and then go back here lately he likes to try and play while he is eating and then get mad if i take his "nin" away cuz he is playing "hes 4 months now "

he laughes and hollers HE ROLLEd OVER FROM BACK TO FRONT TODAY . though here lately he is stuck on momma. If i am driving the car and he cant see me he gets really ticked off and I have to stop and talk with him hold his hand and what not, usually this is when hes sleepy cuz he doesnt sleep much when im home on mhy days off. " i work every other day rifght now except weekends are off. I have tried feeding him at these times and he doesnt want food"

My little girl is 13 weeks (14 wks on tuesday) and she takes both formula and breast. When I'm home she takes 1-2 4 oz bottles and when I'm at work for 10 hr days she takes closer to 6 4oz bottles. I totally think the bottle makes them eat way more. I can pump about 2 oz per session while I"m at work and I guess from kellymom.com this is totally average, even good. I am on the tail end of my rx for reglan and it increased my supply by about 1/2 an oz per pumping. Not as much as I'd hoped but definatly better than nothing, and definately enough that I don't think it was a waste of time. I've also noticed that beer helps alot ( I think it's the brewers yeast or the hops). buuuut my lo is off the charts for ht and in the 90th percentile fot wt.

It is ok to "limit" what they eat from a bottle (tHey don't need more than 1.5oz/hr they are away from you). A pacifier can be a good thing for a older baby who is away from mom. Some babies have really high need.

I will say my DD who was ebf never had more than 9oz in the 9 hrs I was gone. Except when she was in her growth spurts when she may occasionally have had 12. She let her caregivers know when she was still hungry by not being soothed by other measures. Many inexperienced care fivers have a hard time realizing fussing can mean more than just I'm hungry (I'm bored, I need a hug, I'm tired, I need my diaper changed, I'm too hot/cold etc, etc). There is a great page on kellymom called something like " how to bottle feed a breastfed baby" (sorry can't link right now). it is really useful for caregivers to have. mama you are doing great.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.