Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Reflux?

Default Reflux?

Does anyone here have any experience with infant reflux? I'm pretty sure my daughter has it...she's 19 days old, and all day today (yesterday) she was fussy and spitting up like crazy. Every time she spit up she would arch her back and cry she hasn't slept well at all, since about 6pm (it's currently 11:30pm right now). Every time she falls asleep I put her down but she wakes up about 10 minutes later crying. And she wants the boob...all...the...time... (right now I'm nursing her in bed and writing this on my phone). She has plenty of wet/dirty diapers so I'm pretty sure she's getting enough to eat.

We're probably going to take her to the doc tomorrow, and if she does have GERD from what I've read they prescribe zantac...I REALLY don't want to give medication to my 2 1/2 week old, are there any homeopathic remedies for this?

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get any sleep tonight
    Mommy to Violet, 05/31/07
    Mommy to Ainsley, 02/12/11

Default Re: Reflux?

I hear "colic calm" works wonders and is all natural. We're getting some today, it's at CVS. My baby is 5 weeks and has reflux too. Also, make sure you are holding her upright 20-30 minutes after eating. I am doing an elimination diet to cut out acidic foods because they go through your milk. (cow's milk is the number one "problem food" for infants, I cut milk completely)

My LO has reflux and has been on Zantac since she has been 2 weeks old. She is now almost 7 weeks. It has made a world of difference! If you are leary of giving your LO meds, then I would try to keep the LO upright after feeds, avoid acidic foods, and make sure you are getting good burps.

Most babies outgrow it by 9 months, although many are done by 5 months.

I have also taken my dd to the chiropracter. If you are not opposed to that, you might give that a shot.

She could be going through a growth spurt. I wouldn't reach for the medications just yet. It only started yesterday? Possibly she overnursed and spit up? And didn't like spitting up?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months