Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New job & bottle/daycare issues

Default Re: New job & bottle/daycare issues

Well 2 things are accomplished!! #1 he takes a bottle...sparingly, but he has done it with the Nuk nipples. And #2 he starts daycare on Monday the 13th. He will go half days the first week to get adjusted... the daycare said they will do their best to help him adjust and take the bottle. I have been the only one who can get him to take a bottle!!! I hope that the daycare can get him to take it.. but I wont be working the first week so if an emergency arises I can quickly go help out!
    Still working on the job front but this is the biggest step.
    Just thought I would let you guys know my updates!

Quote Originally Posted by sweets6904 View Post
    Still working on the job front but this is the biggest step.
    I'm glad things are working out for you. I don't know if this would be an option for you, but my husband and I work different shifts, so we don't need daycare. I know several other families with similar arrangements. (Admittedly, it can be exhausting, though.)

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case it might be something you could use.

Yeah I have thought the same thing but Im not sure we could both have full time jobs and effectively take care of the 2 kids!!??!? I mean when one is off work they only stay up for a short while and go to bed. Dad works 3rd shift and I have pondered working part time.. like the hours that he is awake before he leaves for work...but Im not sure that I can find anything that will pay enough for a part time evening job. I am putting in a call to a temp agency/placement agency tomorrow. I havent had any luck with the jobs I have applied for and HATE to pay for daycare and not be using it wisely! I suppose if I cant get a full time, decent paying job in 2 weeks, I will pull him out of daycare and aim for the part time thing until I can find something to suit my needs.
    I would LOVE to never put my kids in daycare.. Montel Williams had a show today about the horrors of daycare. I was watching it before I took the baby to daycare. I didnt want to leave him for fear they would not take care of him because of the show I had seen! So scary!!
    But I think that I should have decent success with a placement agency. At least I will have a job while looking for something I really want!
    Thanks for the advice. BTW, the 2nd day at daycare wasnt so great! He only ate 2oz in the 4hrs there and I found out the milk was spoiled.. I have another post regarding that issue. I dont know why it was spoiled.. maybe they warmed it too much or too many times or I made a mistake with filling the bottle the night before instead of in the morning?!? Who knows.. but we will try again tomorrow!