Okay, sorry in advance for this being so long. I am not sure if my problem is ds or my supply.
1st-ds' diapers have decreased in wetness, but is still having 4 wet diapers. Just not as wet as they were. I have noticed this decrease the last 1 1/2 weeks. Is it my supply or is it him?
He is having the symptoms of another tooth coming in......
1)chewing on fingers more
2) spitting up and burping up and swallowing what comes up more
3) fussy at breast-sucks until after first let down gets upset and cries.
4) drooling more than normal.
5) Fussier than normal and sometimes wants to comfort suck every hour to two hours. Hardly sucks for milk.
But I am not sure if that is all it is
1) my breasts don't feel as full. I noticed it this week. (DS is 10 mo old)
2) I am pumping less than normal.
3) I just don't feel like he is getting enough milk from me
4) I started the South Beach diet almost 3 weeks ago-I was eating more cheese and little to no carbs. I have cut out the cheese again to see if that is part of the problem.
I am wandering if the diet (increase in cheese and decrease in carbs) has had any effect on my supply. I am also wandering if his spitting up and fussiness is related to the increase in cheese. Or is that his teeting? I have been nursing as much as possible when I am home with him. Offering my breasts atleast every 2 hours and pumping whenever possible. I am taking fenugreek and drinking mothers milk tea, drinking atleast 2 Liters of water a day. I have been doing this since Sunday. I am sure it is going to take a good week to get my supply up. But I am worried I am drying up?
I am having a hard time getting enough milk for one bottle a day (luckily I am usually only gone for one bottle during the day). I don't have any stored up milk. I don't know what to do. Should I start ds on formula (not something I want to do, but this is about ds' health).
Please help me!!