Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Pinching Breast/Kneading OUCH!

Default Baby Pinching Breast/Kneading OUCH!

My 8 month old has been pinching, kneading and rolling the skin on my breast between her fingers for 6 months. It never bothered me before, but now that she is stronger and more active, she is constantly doing it. I think at this point I would rather her bite me than do this annoying, painful pinching stuff. What can I try to make her stop?

Default Re: Baby Pinching Breast/Kneading OUCH!

Oh, I remember those days.

Nip it in the bud. Hold your baby's hand so she can't pinch, and if she protests or does it anyway, say "Owwie! No milkies (or whatever your word is) if you HURT MAMA." Put her down. Let her cry for a minute, then try again. It may be a few long days, but trust me, it's so much better to deal with these habits NOW. I did manage to stop the pinching and the biting with Joe, but I never got on top of the "twiddling" of my other nipple while he nurses, and now I have to go to bed practically clothed in ARMOR, with a BURQA on top, you know? Wish I had been firmer about the twiddling when it first started!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I agree with joe'smom I have the same problem with twiddling and never got on top of it and now I'm afraid it's too late.sooo annoying,try to break this habit as soon as you can!
    I'm Lisa,SAHM to M. 5/14/09 my velcro boy!

we made it to 19 mos!!! no end in sight
    always and (I'd like to have a just LO and mom cosleeping smilie...)
    food sensitivity to dairy,apple and orange
    we just started to put cloth on
    if I'm here I'm
    love this forum!!!

We just got past this I just held my dd's hand or gave her a small toy. There were a few times she got me good... OUCH!!!!
    SAHM to Isabelle Rose
    Born 6-30-10

Yup - put up a blockade. A padded nursing bra, a blanket between them and the other breast, give them a toy.... Especially when you're nursing in bed and you're nodding off, it is NOT a good way to be woken up. Best to protect your assets.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Ohhh my i needed this she not only pinches and kneads the breast, what has begun as carressing my face is now trying to rip my lips off my face and trying to grab my teeth...when i wash my face at night it burns from little scratches here and there....iwill try the toy thing!
    first time mama to a gassy but adorable baby named Makayla- Wouldn't give up breasfeeding for anything in the world.

We co-sleep, we love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*feedingmama27 View Post
    Ohhh my i needed this she not only pinches and kneads the breast, what has begun as carressing my face is now trying to rip my lips off my face and trying to grab my teeth...when i wash my face at night it burns from little scratches here and there....iwill try the toy thing!
    Ooh, I remember that too! It does get better. Be consistent!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Nursing necklace can help. I have two of these. They look cute too.

http://smartmomjewelry.com/

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Thank you for the suggestions. I never knew there were nursing necklaces. Holding baby's hands has helped and she's now starting to rip my face off & teeth out instaed of pinch. Our problem now is at night when she wants to pinch really hard. I've gone back to swaddeling.

I like the necklaces. I've seen homemade versions of just large beads for playing with while nursing, but these seem more kid friendly (no BPA, lead paint, etc...)

My 7 week old daughter has starting touching my clothes, carressing my breast, touching her own face, holding her ear, and patting her hair. I think it is really cute...I hope it doesn't turn into boob abuse!