Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often does your toddler nurse?

Default How often does your toddler nurse?

I am convinced i am nursing the only two year only that still nurses every 1/2-2 hours. She is on the breast all day long, and nurses constantly in the night. I really don't mind, but it blows my mind that she nurses more than friends infants.

How often does your 2(is) year old nurse?
    Will be nursing for TWO years in a few weeks

I share my bed with my little girl and she has a very cushy butt
    Working towards being a leader and IBCLC!

Default Re: How often does your toddler nurse?

I don't think you're the only one

My DD is almost 31 months and she has slowed down significantly in the past month or two. Usually on days I work. She MIGHT nurse at lunch and then she MIGHT nurse after work (usually not) and then she will nurse to bed and through the night. When she wants my attention she will ask to nurse.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

my son just turned 3, but he nurses 2x per day. I also work outside the home so he doesnt have as much access to me
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    my son just turned 3, but he nurses 2x per day. I also work outside the home so he doesnt have as much access to me
    I work evenings between 4-9/10 and in that time period she has no access to me. But the rest of the time she is attached at the boob all day (especially if i am trying to do homework)
    Will be nursing for TWO years in a few weeks

I share my bed with my little girl and she has a very cushy butt
    Working towards being a leader and IBCLC!

When I am home, Joe nurses every hour or two, and then often all. night. long. He's nineteen months. He nurses WAY more than many infants I know. I work outside the home, I've pump weaned, etc., so I don't know how much milk he's actually getting, but he sure loves to nuzzle the boob, that's for sure.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

DD turned 2 yesterday....she nurses all the time. She would nurse every second of the day if she could. She also wakes up 6-8 times a night to nurse and is probably attached all night long
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and

all the time. right now about every hour and then 3-8 x during the night. I work one day a week and she survives without me but then makes up for it that night by staying latched on all night long. My husband and I joke "oh she must be famished, it's been 15 minutes since she's nursed."

edit she is not 2, she is almost 17 months old.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

DD1 self-weaned at 27 mth but she was still nursing plenty at age 2, usually 4-5 times a day, 20-30 min at a time. We all like to sleep here and she never ate at night after 4-5 mths of age. Just enjoy it, my second seems to hate nursing and I really miss nursing DD1.
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

Nonstop and for long periods @ 26ish months. Just started STTN on her own in the last month.

13 mos and all the time. She eats 3 meals and snacks and still nurses every 2 hrs at least.