Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Has Reglan ever worked for anyone when domperidone didn't?

Default Has Reglan ever worked for anyone when domperidone didn't?

I have a nine-week-old and have struggled with low milk supply (reasons unknown) since he was born. I have been taking domperidone for 6 weeks--I started at 30 mg 3 times a day and worked up to 50 mg 3 times a day. As far as I can tell, it has had no effect (in fact, my supply has decreased). I have also tried More Milk Special Blend, which didn't help either. I know that dom and Reglan work in kind of the same way. Is it worth trying Reglan? Is there anyone for whom Reglan worked when dom didn't?

Default Re: Has Reglan ever worked for anyone when domperidone didn't?

I don't know the answer to your question, but is there anything else we can help you troubleshoot? Pumping or breastfeeding issues, perhaps?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I tried Reglan and it didn't work for me. And I tried Fenugreek and the only thing that did was upset my stomach. But I know some people swear by both!

How much are you having to supplement?

What I did when I was having supply issues was nurse, then pump. It is very time consuming, esp if you have other kids (I have 2 other kids) but it is worth it. I ended up having to give my daughter 3 oz of formula a day to supplement because it just wasn't enough. Now, finally I don't need to anymore..I stopped supplementing a month ago (she's just about 4 months old).

Don't give up! One thing I kept on reminding myself is that something like 98% of women are able to breastfeed.. so you CAN do it! Hope that helps.

I just started Reglan on tuesday. I haven't noticed much change yet- just that instead of pumping 2 oz in my first session of the day I pumped 3oz. I dunno if that's the reglan or the beer I had with dinner last night though (since the brew-skies seem to help my supply). I too and doing fenugreek, tea, beer, tons of water, lactogenic snacks, tons of pumping and nursing as often as possible. Apparently according to kellymom.com it's normal to pump 2oz per pump session and to need about 3 times per day to make enough for one feeding....

Good luck to you! I'm in your boat too