Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maximizing Production When Pumping

Default Re: Maximizing Production When Pumping

Useful video ;o) I used a pump when my twin boys were in NICU for six weeks. Sounds crazy, but in the end I found it easier to use the pump i

Thanks for posting! I am pumping at work and having a hard time getting much milk...so I am excited to try this!
    MommyBell - so in love with my little girl

Little girl born 5/7/11 - growing so fast!!!

Hello!! i found this video very informative, and i have begun to try the techniques used in this video just today, and i have already seen an improvement in my pupming sessions. Thank you for posting this video, it has been of great help for me!!

Thanks again!

jacqueline

Mother of Leilani 7/20/1998, Marcos 8/7/1999, Jazmyne 01/01/2004, Idalis 7/14/2007, and Vicente 8/16/2011

After watching I started using the massage to drain my breasts completely (as video suggests) thinking if I didn't my supply would decrease as 8 of 14 days I am away from my baby more than I am with him. I ended up with oversupply in one breast but definite increase in the other.

Have you tried leaning forward? Are you getting good sprays or just dribbles of milk? If you're getting just dribbles, try moving your fingers further back on the breast a centimeter or two...or you can try pressing deeper into the chest. Remember that like learning to breastfeed, pumping and hand expressing are new skills and take time to master. Eventually you will develop your own techniques.

yeah, excellent video, thank you!