Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOES breastfeeding take it out of you?

Default Re: DOES breastfeeding take it out of you?

I feel like I get sick much more since I am nursing, my husband does not get sick very often and I always get it. I know they say it doesn't to encourage breastfeeding and I would always encourage breastfeeding but I do think it does take something away. And its not because my husband isn't with the kids either. He eats lunch with us everyday and he puts my older one to bed which takes over an hour and he rarely gets it. Prior to me nursing, he was always the sicker one and now I am. Just my opinion...
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*abaker89 View Post
    I feel like I get sick much more since I am nursing, my husband does not get sick very often and I always get it. I know they say it doesn't to encourage breastfeeding and I would always encourage breastfeeding but I do think it does take something away. And its not because my husband isn't with the kids either. He eats lunch with us everyday and he puts my older one to bed which takes over an hour and he rarely gets it. Prior to me nursing, he was always the sicker one and now I am. Just my opinion...
    My DH hardly gets anything either, but then, he never really got anything. He seems to have a great, kickin' immune system. I think we nursing moms generally have more close contact with the snot, yk? Make sure you're taking lots of vitamins - it is definitely possible that BF'ing would deplete you of nutrients that help the immune system.

But also, I get sick ALL.THE.TIME since I had a baby. I've never formula fed a baby so I have nothing to compare it with for me, but I know my friends who FF also get sick all the time. My baby isn't even in daycare! But we still get all the SUPERbugs!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

For the first 1-2 years I felt like I never got sick
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Funny you should post this. I am nursing my 13 month old daughter about 5 times a day and have never been more tired in my life! =) I swear, I feel like I am in my first trimester of pregnancy most of the time! I also have a 6 year old and a 2 yr old, so it could just be plain exhaustion from having 3 young children. I don't feel like I eat enough. I have always eaten like a rabbit. I am a mom of 3, am 5'6" and currently weigh 116 lbs. So, I am on the thin side. Maybe I do need to eat more to feel better, but, yes, completely agree with you...I am worn out. I don't know if it is from nursing though!

a little village with some trees, people, and a canal in it, Derbyshire, England

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenni7725 View Post
    Funny you should post this. I am nursing my 13 month old daughter about 5 times a day and have never been more tired in my life! =) I swear, I feel like I am in my first trimester of pregnancy most of the time! I also have a 6 year old and a 2 yr old, so it could just be plain exhaustion from having 3 young children. I don't feel like I eat enough. I have always eaten like a rabbit. I am a mom of 3, am 5'6" and currently weigh 116 lbs. So, I am on the thin side. Maybe I do need to eat more to feel better, but, yes, completely agree with you...I am worn out. I don't know if it is from nursing though!
    hi jenni,
    yes! i've had those 1st trimester sensations a few times and ugh does that put me off the idea of ttc no 2!

reading ur post though, i feel i've nothing to moan about - you're a soldier with a 13mth old and a 2 yr old and another one too!

Edward's nursing calmed down again at about 14 mths. just depends on how he is day to day, but 12 - 14 mths he was feeding A LOT!!
    yep, being a mum is HARD work!

I think babies in general wear us out.

Breastfeeding was definitely relaxing for me.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.