Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding TRIPLETS! Help!!!

Default Breastfeeding TRIPLETS! Help!!!

Hello! I have successfully and solely been breastfeeding my 4.5 month (2.5 months adjusted) old babies! Bottle-feeding and nursing. They are on a four hr schedule feeding between 5-6am, 9am, 1pm, 5pm, and now 8pm in order to get them to bed earlier. My concern is that I have been waking them to feed in order to stick to our schedule... If I let them sleep I fear that they would get fewer feedings. I let them sleep today and they were ready to eat between 7 and 8am.

The question is: am I ok to wake them and stick to our schedule where they consume 5-6 oz a feeding with the four hr schedule OR should I be letting them sleep which throws off our schedule and how much food they are consuming?

Thanks in advance!!!

Default Re: Breastfeeding TRIPLETS! Help!!!

I think you have to do what ever works best for you and the babies.

IF they are growing well I would think you could let them sleep.
    Watch thier diapars and if they seam low you could add a day time feed before bed.

I am worshipping you as I type this. you have to look at your babies and see if one or the other or the other needs to be awoken and fed around the clock in order to gain weight. if your body is craving the release then wake them up. If every one is fine and satiated, let them sleep. But not tooo long. 5-6 hours with out being fed is pushing it. you are an inspiration to all mothers out there. Yes it can be done!!!
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

Wow, how cool! I only know 1 other mom who breastfed triplets.

I think that if you want to let the babies sleep, you can. But you shouldn't be afraid to wake them, especially if that means you can keep your output up and your schedule going.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Oh my gosh! You are an inspiration!

What the PPs said. If there is one baby who is struggling to gain weight more, wake him or her up - just trust your instincts. My coworker had triplets and partially breastfed them for about five months. She said she felt like she was always hooked up to a baby or a pump, 24/7! It's a lot of work. You are giving your babies SUCH an awesome gift!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Wow, how cool! I only know 1 other mom who breastfed triplets.

I think that if you want to let the babies sleep, you can. But you shouldn't be afraid to wake them, especially if that means you can keep your output up and your schedule going.
    i would be more concerned with getting milk in them than with waking them up. They'll sleep when they're tired, even if the 'schedule' is a little disrupted.

you're awesome.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jbean1979 View Post
    i would be more concerned with getting milk in them than with waking them up. They'll sleep when they're tired, even if the 'schedule' is a little disrupted.

you're awesome.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I don't have any other advice to add but would just like to say you so have my admiration for breastfeeding TRIPLETS!

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

THANK YOU everyone!!! I don't mind being a milk machine I am so happy to be able to breastfeed them! I plan on waking them around 6:30am this way I am giving them another hr or so of sleep and will still bed able to fit in enough feedings in the day without disrupting their bedtime.

I really appreciate your responses... thank you

I agree with the PP. As they get older they are going to sleep longer, you just have to figure out what works for you all.

You are AMAZING! I've never heard of anyone nursing triplets before! How wonderful !