Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: A few new issues

Default A few new issues

More questions! More questions!

First, I have noticed a very, very slight odor when I have to clean poo out of ..."in there" on Sophie. Am I just not cleaning good enough, is this normal, or is it a bad sign? Edit: (I know it's not the most pleasant of concerns, and the description may not be pleasant... But I just want to know what other moms of girls would do-?)

Second, is there a "cure" for OALD?? I know there are ways to get oversupply down, but does the forceful jet of milk ever stop shooting out so fast during letdown? I tried nursing in public for the first time today, and when Soph let go (during letdown, it's too fast for her) I had to fumble awkwardly to get the stream caught in a burp cloth.

Third, today I went to my OB/GYN and he prescribed me the progesterone mini-pill (micronor). I chose this because it shouldn't affect my supply, but if it does, I can stop if need be. The question is, since I still have a bit of an oversupply, wouldn't it be a good thing if it lessened my milk a little? Or (IF it DID affect it at all) does it continue to lessen until it's dangerous?

Thanks
    Last edited by JustSasha; October 24th, 2006 at 08:37 PM.

Default Re: A few new issues

Nobody?

sorry no one has gotten back to you...I am uneducated on the subject as DH and I don't use any birth control....besides nursing and charting my cycle (which is still, thankfully, non existent)

I'm sure someone will come along soon with some advice.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Re: the OALD...I was told that it would stabilize itself around the 3-month mark and it did. I'm not sure that the flow actually slowed down or that dd was better able to handle it but it did kind of work itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohsMom View Post
    sorry no one has gotten back to you...I am uneducated on the subject as DH and I don't use any birth control....besides nursing and charting my cycle (which is still, thankfully, non existent)

I'm sure someone will come along soon with some advice.
    Thank you for being so nice anyways, that's always great

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    Re: the OALD...I was told that it would stabilize itself around the 3-month mark and it did. I'm not sure that the flow actually slowed down or that dd was better able to handle it but it did kind of work itself out.
    Thank you, that's great to hear, **hopefully** I only have 6 more weeks to go then.

I have questions of my own, if anyone cares to answer them, regaurding the mini pill. I started taking it this week and since I have no cycle yet (DS is 10 weeks), I just picked a day to start on. I was off taking it by about an hour three days ago, and I'm still spotting and cramping. Is this normal? And are the last row of pills fakes like they are in the combo pills? Will I get a period at the end?

“Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I am on the mini pill and just started my second pack. First I have not noticed any decrease in supply...but was also hoping maybe I would as I have been dealing with OALD and over supply as well. DS is 3.5 months and I still have the jet stream milk...maybe it will never go away>>we'll see. Also I have the 28 day pill pack, and my OB said no period. I know with the mini-pill you have to be careful, so if you mess up you are supposed to use another form of protection (condom??). With that said...I am not perfect by anymeans about taking my pill "on-time" so I am hoping that bf is also a form of bc . HTH

oh and the spotting and crampping could be normal. I still had some spotting at 10 weeks pp (it had gone away for 2 weeks and then came back!!) ahh...but haven't seen anything since...

That's a good question, will I get a period back on this mini-pill?

Also, Nissa- I just noticed your baby's name is Anja... How do you pronounce that? I know of a lady who named her baby that and it looks so pretty, but I don't know how it's pronounced.