Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tongue problems?

Default Tongue problems?

My LO has started to take on licking me. She does it whenever she's on my tummy, shed stick her tongue out and start licking me. It's really weird. Even just now she was drowsing on my belly, she suddenly pushed herself up and started licking me and fussing. Is this just a phase, or does reflux cause an itchy tongue?
    Last edited by @llli*sailoryue; February 21st, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Default Re: Tongue problems?

Sounds like par for the course with babies... Some of them are like little lizards, with their tongues always flick-flicking out of their mouths. My second seems to have her tongue out half the day.

As with most things baby, if it's not associated with pain or crying or other troubling behaviors, it's probably fine.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Whenever my mother sees my son doing this to me she says "I want to eat you!". Both of my children have seen me as their big lollipop. They find skin and taste.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    Whenever my mother sees my son doing this to me she says "I want to eat you!". Both of my children have seen me as their big lollipop. They find skin and taste.
    Yeah a friend of mine says she probably likes the Taste of salt on my skin. Or finds the texture of my bra interesting.
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

[QUOTE=@llli*mommal;1089591Some of them are like little lizards, with their tongues always flick-flicking out of their mouths. [/QUOTE]

my mom said I was like this she said I was learning about the world through taste
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.