Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby wakes up screaming

Default baby wakes up screaming

i am currently co-sleeping with my baby who is about 8 weeks old. last night i could hear him waking up so i picked him up to feed him. he does not feed lying down that well and the milk starts coming out his nose!!. however when i picked him up he started screaming. this happened the other two times he woke up. is this normal? should i just let him sleep or help him sleep more by patting him instead of trying to feed him. he was really upset screaming to the point where we had to get out of bed and i had to put the light on so he could see.

thanks!

Default Re: baby wakes up screaming

At 8 weeks I would try patting him, but I wouldn't try for very long. Most 2 month olds still need to eat at night.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

is it normal though that he is screaming. i can't figure out if he is screaming because he is so hungry or because i woke him up to eat.

Is it normal? My elder daughter always cried when she was waking up, until around age 3. Didn't matter if she was hungry, or had a wet diaper, or was just waking up on a normal morning. Waking just made her cranky.

But that doesn't mean your LO isn't going through something that isn't right- an ear infection, reflux, diaper rash...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

When you pick him up it activates the startle reflex. Try waking him gently before that. I usually shower my LO with kisses and gentle rubs on her belly if it's passed a feeding time.
    Last edited by @llli*sailoryue; February 20th, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing