Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I did it!

Smile I did it!

Finally after so many hurdles I can BF with little to no problems. It still takes a few minutes to get her to open wide enough, she likes to purse her lips, but I can do it now. I'm even starting to get a better latch on the right breast.

I DID have a plug on that side from the bad latch but I believe it passed this morning cuz she screamed and cried while on that side suddenly, like she does when her body startled her awake. It must have scared her. Before it passed she also wiimpered while on it but now she doesn't. The lump I's gone too.

Now I just hdve to perfect the latch and heal the sore nipple and it's perfect. I might even be able to take the mittens off my daughter! Lol.

I'm so proud and happy and I couldn't have done it without the help of my LC and the lll meeting I went to last Thursday.

Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Default Re: I did it!

Keep up the good work!!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

only thing is shes now rejecting all artificial nipples. if i try to use the nippleshield on my sore nipple, she shoves my breast out of her mouth with her tongue and starts fussing, same with any pacifiers. i hope she doesnt be this difficult with bottles, cuz i cant ALWAYS NIP really, and i dont want to have to hide in a public restroom to feed my baby :<

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

I nurse in the car a lot. It can be done.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

my husbands into knitting and stuff, i can see if he'd be interested in making me one of those shield cape things

great job mama!

NIP becomes easier than you'd think. At first I was nervous and now it's like I don't even worry about it. My daughter will not use a cover. Like pp, when I want to be a little more discreet i do it in the car.
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!

WOO HOO!!!! WTG and soooo glad that you are at a good place! As for NIP, it gets easier. the hardest part is the first time, so JUST DO IT...you will do great!!!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

I love it when folks post about things easing up and getting easier! It's such an inspiration to the mamas who come on here and are still struggling! It will keep getting easier and easier. And NIP is a lot easier when they get past that newborn phase where they latch on and off a lot, and you have to monitor their latch.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.