Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Will my DD's "snacking" cause low milk supply?

Default Will my DD's "snacking" cause low milk supply?

My DD is almost 8 mos old. She is just getting settled into solids, but is still getting only breastmilk (no formula). I am home all day 4 days of the week (work the other 3) and on the days I am home, I feel like she "snacks" a lot, meaning she nurses for very short periods, pretty often. I don't mind it at all. She can nurse whenever she likes as far as I'm concered. But I notice that I tend to get less milk on Mondays when I pump after I've been home with her for 3 days in a row (F, Sat, Sun). Is her constant snacking sending a signal to my body to not make as much since she doesn't take a full feeding each time? Or is it just coincidence that Monday's seem less productive?

Default Re: Will my DD's "snacking" cause low milk supply?

This is a puzzler. About how many wet/dirty diapers does she have on the snack days?

Default Re: Will my DD's "snacking" cause low milk supply?

Good question. I am past the point of even really thinking to count. She's a happy baby and seems quite healthy, so I don't think about it. If I had to guess, I would say at least one dirty diaper a day, sometime two (though every once in a while she'll go a whole day without, but if she does that she makes up for it the next day...ha ha) and several, maybe 5 wet. ????