Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just need support, having a hard time :(

Default Re: Just need support, having a hard time :(

Will she nurse while she is sleeping? If she will you could try to latch her onto the right side then so that it gets stimulated to continue making milk.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    Will she nurse while she is sleeping? If she will you could try to latch her onto the right side then so that it gets stimulated to continue making milk.
    We don't co-sleep, so I'm not sure how to go about this She's been sleeping in her own crib for awhile now. Do I pick her up out of the crib?
    Gina - SAHM to Sofia Rose born day after Christmas 12/26/09 and Ava Grace born 12/9/2013

Nursed DD1 for 28 months and am now nursing DD2 going on 7 months!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*startingover View Post
    Bless your heart!! The not nursing and teething I could deal with and just pump and outwait it. The running from me, that would get to me. Does she shy away from you even if you are not trying to nurse her? Would it make a difference if you maybe didn't even mention nursing to her for a couple of days, just pump to keep from losing your supply...little ones are forgetful and perhaps if it went a while with no pain associated with eating, you could start over.

I don't know - I'm grasping at straws with you. You can know what's causing it, understand it, and still not know what to do about it.

When I pump, I no longer can get anything out since I haven't pumped in a month and a half. Should I just do it anyway to stimulate?

Yeah, when I come in to get her from her nap, she looks at me and then runs to the other corner of her crib, its weird. And then at bedtime when I turn the lights out, she throws herself down and starts crying and I have to physically walk over and pick her up to bring her to my lap. She walks around the room whining, but won't come over to me.

Well tonight I was at least able to switch her over to the right side, she put her lips to the nipple, but then backed off BUT at least she allowed me to position her this time. I'll keep trying every night at bedtime, seems like the only time she will *maybe* entertain it. And I guess I'll try pumping again even if nothing comes out
    Gina - SAHM to Sofia Rose born day after Christmas 12/26/09 and Ava Grace born 12/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*italianprinses View Post
    We don't co-sleep, so I'm not sure how to go about this She's been sleeping in her own crib for awhile now. Do I pick her up out of the crib?
    I don't know, could you bring her into your bed in the morning and see if she'll snuggle and nurse when she's sleepy? Worst case, she wakes up, no big loss.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I think now my let down is delayed from the stress and anxiety. I tried to pump to get the milk started last night and this morning to help her and I was waiting almost 6-7 minutes for any drops to come out...usually it's about 2 minutes. One thing after another... But I put her to the right breast this morning while holding her favorite blankie and she allowed me to lay her back, she put her lips to it again, but backed off. At least she didn't scream this time

When I pump, I no longer can get anything out since I haven't pumped in a month and a half. Should I just do it anyway to stimulate?

I would - you've got nothing to lose and a little milk to gain.

She walks around the room whining, but won't come over to me.

Oh Mama - That is pitiful!!

Well tonight I was at least able to switch her over to the right side, she put her lips to the nipple, but then backed off BUT at least she allowed me to position her this time. I'll keep trying every night at bedtime, seems like the only time she will *maybe* entertain it.

small victories. One step at a time.
    Lori -
    wife to Davis, my best friend and strongest supporter
    43 yo mom to 3

Lee Allen Christopher - 18 - precious preemie , all grown up; BF 6 wks
    Connor Ethan - 13 - my red head , ALL boy, ALL the time; BF 14 mo
    Mollie Rhiannon - 4 - my surprise , more fun than I ever expected; BFing, no end in sight!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*startingover View Post

I would - you've got nothing to lose and a little milk to gain.

She walks around the room whining, but won't come over to me.

Oh Mama - That is pitiful!!

Well tonight I was at least able to switch her over to the right side, she put her lips to the nipple, but then backed off BUT at least she allowed me to position her this time. I'll keep trying every night at bedtime, seems like the only time she will *maybe* entertain it.

small victories. One step at a time.
    Thanks for the reply. Still no luck...and now she won't even nurse before nap time (when she would ALWAYS take both sides and nurse for awhile)...so there goes another major nursing session. I just don't understand what's going on, it's so hard to cope with. Not sure how much longer I can go, to be honest. She bit me so hard this morning and then went into a screaming rage. I really wanted to make it to at least 18 months, doesn't look like it's going to happen. Totally different child in the matter of 2 weeks. It's left me depressed, exhausted, and stressed...

mama. It is so hard to know what is going on in their little heads. My ds went through a phase where he fought nursing. Not as much as your daughter, but to some extent. I started reading books to him or letting him watch 5 min of tv or playing a toy with him to get him to nurse a little bit. Every new phase they go through they change so much. I hope you are able to find peace with what happens.
    Ds 9/09 nursed for 20 months

Dd 12/11 nursing a toddler again

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nsm View Post
    mama. It is so hard to know what is going on in their little heads. My ds went through a phase where he fought nursing. Not as much as your daughter, but to some extent. I started reading books to him or letting him watch 5 min of tv or playing a toy with him to get him to nurse a little bit. Every new phase they go through they change so much. I hope you are able to find peace with what happens.
    Thanks, Kate. I'm coming to terms with it now...I'm tired of fighting her and exhausting myself with the stress of it all. What can I really do? How long was the phase that DS went through? Did he eventually go back to nursing full time or is he still fussy with it?

I too, wanted to post and let you know you aren't alone.
    My son had a double ear infection (his first ear infection ever and we are at 17 months) last week and I too, was being refused and we were both crying all night. It was AWFUL AWFUL!!
    And he also cut ALL 4 molars that week too.
    I can completely sympathize. He also wouldn't eat or drink anything for a few days except for the few times he did actually nurse here and there. Finally his ear drum burst, and all was fine again. Ibuprofen was our lifesaver.

My thoughts are take a deep breath, pump when she refuses, and at least you'll still have your supply when she comes back : )

HUGS!!!!!

He is all cleared up now, and nursing every 3 hours like normal. It can happen that she'll pick back up where she left off so to speak.
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09