Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Kind of embarrassed and would love some help...lopsided?

Default Kind of embarrassed and would love some help...lopsided?

Hello goddesses. I've only posted on this website once before so I'm still kind of confused as to how it works..
    I just turned 18 in January and I have a 10 month old daughter. I'm still EBF and I love it, as does she. I made the mistake when I first had her of feeding her more on my right breast because my left breast would leak a LOT during each feeding and I didn't understand the importance of nursing equally on both sides.
    I love my new mama body, I've never felt more beautiful..except for one thing.
    My right breast is a full D cup and my left side is hardly a B. My Birdie still prefers the right side because I make probably 6-7 oz (or more) a day on that side. I'm not even making 1 oz a day on my left side..
    I'm not worried about what other people think..but I'm embarrassed of the way that I look and I get tears in my eyes every time I see myself topless. I would really like to get better milk production back on the left.. is it too late?
    I try to nurse and nurse and nurse on that side, but my girl doesn't necessarily like that breast so she pretty much refuses it.

Is pump rental a good option? Is it possible to get production back? Has anybody else dealt with this??

Any feedback is appreciated and thank you for your time!! xo

Default Re: Kind of embarrassed and would love some help...lopsided?

Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Great job nursing! with mommal about the link. It's excellent advice. I just want to add my experience. I wasn't able to nurse on the left for a while and although I kept pumping, I got very lopsided. It was noticeable through my clothes, and I hated it. I started following the directions in the link and although things didn't get worse, it took a LONG time to get better. It took me 2 months to appear balanced to DH and another 3 months for me to look balanced to myself. I think the link says you'll notice a difference in a week or so, but I didn't. Just wanted to say, stick with it. It does work

BTW, I used one of those push-up pads on the small side if I was going out somewhere nicer. A hassle to nurse with, but it helped me feel better about how I looked .
    Mama to
    - born at home on 4/27/10

- born at home 8/30/2012

Thank you for your replies ladies! I bought an electric pump hoping that it would help but even on it's highest setting it hardly has any suction.. I should've invested more in a better pump!! I'll keep at it, thanks again!