Re: Scabbed Nipples
Some questions for you:
- When your baby unlatches, what shape are your nipples? Are they elongated and symmetrical, like pencil erasers, or elongated and asymmetrical, new lipsticks?
- Where are the cracks? Do you have just 1 major crack per nipple, or do you have several cracks, perhaps radiating around the nipple?
- Appearance of skin: any redness, pinkness, shininess, white patches, or flaking? Do nipples ever turn white after feeding, or perhaps white, then purple, then red?
- When do you have the most pain- when the baby first latches on, throughout the feeding, or at the end of the feeding?
- Does the pain persist in between feedings?
- How would you describe the pain- is it a stabbing or pinching pain, or more of a burning?
- Did you happen to have a recent course of antibiotics, or perhaps a yeast infection? (Trust me, it's relevant!)
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"