Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby refusing pumped milk...bottle or what?

Exclamation Baby refusing pumped milk...bottle or what?

My daughter is 4 months old, she was 5lbs 12oz at birth and is now 12 lbs 4oz. So I'm not really concerned about her weight or anything like that, but she REFUSES and I do mean refuses to take a bottle of pumped milk. It can be fresh, frozen, refrigerated, scalded, whatever i've tried it all!! I have used a regular Ameda bottle with nipple, I bought the Playtex Drop-Ins Set, the Playtex Ventaire, and Avent bottles, and the Medela bottles that came with my pump...I am exhausted with these bottles but when I am away from her for shopping or taking my other kids places and she doesn't need to go with, I leave milk with my sitters. Problem is if I am gone 3-4 hours she will not eat without crying and screaming at the top of her lungs. I feel so bad for her and the sitter so I try to feed her before I leave but I want her to get used to a bottle so I can start back going to school again.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you...
    Happy Married Mommy of 3
    B.A~4 Years old
    T.J~21 Months old
    S.A~4 Months old

Default Re: Baby refusing pumped milk...bottle or what?

*bump*
    Happy Married Mommy of 3
    B.A~4 Years old
    T.J~21 Months old
    S.A~4 Months old

Default Re: Baby refusing pumped milk...bottle or what?

I would guess it's a refusal of the bottle and not necessarily your milk. Some kids just don't do the bottle. You can keep trying different kinds and you might hit on one she likes. Or you could try giving it to her in a sippy. I'm not sure how long you are gone at a time, but she might be alright just waiting until you get back if it isn't too long.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous