Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fenugreek okay during pregnancy?

Default Fenugreek okay during pregnancy?

I found an herb chart that says fenugreek in modesty during pregnancy is okay? Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge of this?

I would like to nurse another month or so and am really searching for a solution!

Here is the link

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnanc...uestid=7276503
    Mother to 3...Kaylen 15, Clint 12, and Carter 11 months!!

Default Re: Fenugreek okay during pregnancy?

Since fenugreek is a common culinary herb in a lot of places, I expect that moderate use during pregnancy is acceptable. But I'm not sure what "moderate" use comprises, or if it would be enough to boost supply. In my Indian cookbook, the recipes that use fenugreek use a few tablespoons of leaf in a whole pot of curry. When you're using fenugreek to increase supply, you want to take enough to make your sweat and urine reek of maple syrup.

Maybe consult an IBCLC?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you. Do you have any advice on what I need to do to supplement him? I only had drops of milk tonight and he is not taking any other liquid other than water. He is refusing. I am so concerned about him. He only had three wet diapers and that is about half his normal. I have been emailing donation places tonight but have had no responses. Unfortunately I have only been successful in finding two places one of which serves premature babies. I am truly desperate for help!!

You could try Eats on Feets on Facebook.

Will he take a bottle? Obviously, breastmilk is your first choice, but that's why formula is there, mama. I'm sorry. I'm sure this is very stressful for you.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I tried to give him a bottle tonight and he refused the formula. I then tried yogurt mixed with some water and he took about half an ounce. I just don't know what to do at this point. I may need to take him to the doctor tomorrow because I am so afraid he is dehydrated!

I looked on eats on feets and can't find one for georgia.

I believe fenugreek can effect blood sugar...

As far as him not taking the bottle, I would make sure that you are offering yogurt once a day, that he is being offered plenty of cheese, and if you are very worried, give him a calcium vitamin. Make sure not to limit fat in his foods, and continue to nurse him and offer milk at meals. He will be FINE! You have done a GREAT job of nursing him for so long. I really don't think one month is going to make a difference at all in the grand scheme of things. Stop worrying, and enjoy your little boy and the new baby growing inside of you

PS, I bet you are still making a lot more milk than you think you are, too

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Just read your last post a bit closer...is he refusing all liquids? Even water?

He drinks water but very little from a sippy. I got about 2 oz in him today. Tonight when he tried to nurse to sleep he was only getting drops.

This is what he ate today... 16 cheerios, a cpl tbl spoons of yogurt, a few little bites of apple and some peach. I did water down some yogurt and he drank about half an ounce.

I tried to pump tonight to see what I could get (which was nothing) and he started crying watching me. I dont think I have any choice but to take him to the doctor tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kccmama View Post
    He drinks water but very little from a sippy. I got about 2 oz in him today. Tonight when he tried to nurse to sleep he was only getting drops.

This is what he ate today... 16 cheerios, a cpl tbl spoons of yogurt, a few little bites of apple and some peach. I did water down some yogurt and he drank about half an ounce.

I tried to pump tonight to see what I could get (which was nothing) and he started crying watching me. I dont think I have any choice but to take him to the doctor tomorrow.
    Definitely take him if you are worried. At the least, you will get reassurance that he is doing fine. When you say he is just getting drops when nursing, how do you know this? How often are you hearing swallowing (like how many suck per swallows?)

It really depends but the swallowing just isn't what it should be. I know how he was eating and things are so different. He used to nurse no longer than 10 mins and now he will stay latched on until i unlatch him. He has currently been on for 35 minutes. My milk has only been letting down twice a day too which it normally does at every feed.