Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pink eye???

Default Pink eye???

I think my 2 1/2 month old has pink eye. She wakes up with some crust and a little goo, but I am not sure if putting an antibiotic in her eye is the best thing. Anyone have suggestions????

Default Re: Pink eye???

have you been around some other person/kid with it?

You can start by squirting a little breastmilk in the goopy eye. A lot of moms swear by it for pinkeye. However, if you suspect an eye infection, make sure you see the doctor.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Is the white of the eye itself red? If not, it is probably just a plugged tear duct. Plugged tear ducts are extremely common under 6 months old, but just to be sure you can get it checked by the doctor. My daughter (now 11 months old) had many plugged tear ducts. It will clear on its own, but the doctor also showed me a technique for putting pressure down close to her tear duct on her nose and down to her tear duct to help it clear.

Many babies will have this on and off until upward of a year old. At one year if it hasn't cleared, then the doctor will look into further options for you. Hope this helps, that was my experience...
    Mother of a wonderful 11 month old baby girl who has been successfully BF all her life.
    DD is currently on a nursing strike...